So it's like half way through the holiday and this is my first blog, but NO FEAR! I have still been reading.
At this stage, I'm like half way through the Bloody Chamber but just to amuse you Francis I'll pretend I have just started.
So, I've just finished the first book in The Bloody Chamber which just so happens to also be called The Bloody Chamber. I think that's a little biased, don't you?
My first thought when I finished this short book was, "wow, a third of an exam just on 43 pages! Score!" Until someone burst my little bubble and told me there was still 9 other books within this book. Boo! :(
However, I did enjoy this short story, despite Francis already ruining it for us all in lesson when he summarised it to us (which I believe was for the soul purpose that he could say the C-word to us all, but hey-ho)
What I liked about this story was the mother's role in the story. The story, you would assume, is about a newly-wed couple, however, the story begins with the bride's/narrator's memory of her mother and ends with her mother saving the narrator and the mother is also featured throughout the story through phone calls and memories. The mother is portrayed to be a strong woman, notable because she raised her daughter single-handedly following the death of her husband (who was like this soldier man, so she probs learned a thing or two from him --- and she stole/kept his gun - perhaps she knew she would need it)
THE CHOKEY! Killed fresh wife. Yum
FRESH MEAT
inabit.


No comments:
Post a Comment