Sunday, 19 August 2012

Frankenstein

I started reading Frankenstein the night after our AS exam (RAGE RAGE RAGE at the memory of that exam!!) as I got it for free on my Kindle!! How great is that! Francis, if you don't have one, I'd deffs recommend a Kindle - you can get loads of classics for free and other books are much cheaper than paper and hard backs! You can also get newspapers! Jeez, you'd think I work on commission for Amazon.

ANYWAY.
When I started reading, I was so confused to what I was actually reading because I was reading letters from a sailor. I was thinking, "I did not think that Frankenstein or his monster was a sailor" so I kind of gave up reading for a while. THEN at the end of Sir Brannagh's Frankenstein when it ended with that sailor, it suddenly clicked! and I got into the book because I understood it.
What is also good about reading this book on a Kindle is when I don't understand a word (which is often) you can click that word and the kindle defines the word! It's wonderful!

The letters did confuse me a bit when the sailor spoke about the man they had taken aboard because I just couldn't work out whether it was Frankenstein or the monster. I really like the way the book begins with the letters from the sailor thought because it describes the condition of Frankenstein after he has created the monster and how it had affected him. Readers are provided with a detailed description of his appearance which we may not be provided with when the book is written through the eyes of Frankenstein.
When Frankenstein begins his story it is a bit boring learning about all his childhood and so on for a few chapters -  it is only when he goes off to Uni when the real story of the monster begins.

That'll do.

P.s:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0051QVF7A/ref=amb_link_170675047_2?ie=UTF8&nav_sdd=aps&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1G4SXYDRY4RXXRV5HSSK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=317900367&pf_rd_i=468294

No comments:

Post a Comment